2007/08/23

Location, Location

*Edit*
I do intend to review each of these and probably more locations in detail, exciting, no?
*Edit*

As our wedding is slowly becoming a sporting event, I've realized we need to reserve the reception hall as soon as possible. We're estimating 200-250, so we're narrowed down by that, as well as the fact that we aren't independently wealthy. It's going to be on Long Island, preferably eastern Nassau/western Suffolk County. I'd like a venue that isn't too stuffy or closed in. We want August in the afternoon so I'd rather not have chandeliers be the only source of light. Also only one event at a time. Of course the places I like are over $100 a plate. I think I almost threw up again. So I'm on the hunt. I have ideal and realistic choices. The money estimates are from a few sites. Here are a few:

Oheka Castle
135 West Gate Drive, Huntington, NY
Gorgeous. Holy expensive. The only way would be if I learned how to manufacture money.


Woodbury Country Club
884 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY
They can have 2 events at a time, but the place is huge. $75-$150 a plate.

Carlyle on the Green
Bethpage State Park, Bethpage, NY
My favorite so far. Unfortunately $100-250 a plate.

North Ritz Club
7150 Jericho Turnpike, Syosset, NY
$80-150.

The Cottage at Milleridge
585 N Broadway, Jericho, NY
$59-150.

The Pavilion at Sunken Meadow
Sunken Meadow State Park, Kings Park, NY
$75-85. This one might be a sleeper, owned by the Lessing family.