2007/08/28

Engagement Party Recap


What a great day we had Sunday. So many people showed up, many stayed a while, some for a quick hello, but we had such a blast. The first guests arrived around noon (while I was still in shorts, trying to unfold chairs), and the last few party goers got going at 10:30 pm or so. I'm pretty sure I said no more than hello and thanks for coming for the first 3 hours. We decided to cater and cook, which worked out wonderfully. Mike's dad and sister ordered a sheet cake and we also made some sweet plates. Even though we've been engaged since Christmas Eve, it's strange how I feel "more engaged" now. 2 more years to go before the big day, or sooner if my money tree starts blooming.
From top to bottom: Mike and Sam (Me); Me, my sister Erica, and my future sister-in-law, Lauren; brother and sister