2005/12/06

zzzzzzzzzz

this post is brought to you by my addiction to googling and the fact that sometimes i'm too tired to think creative unique thoughts... and punctuate

Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast.~William Shakespeare, Macbeth

The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late. ~Charles Caleb Colton

You know you have a sleeping disorder when your filtered water pitcher has been empty for two weeks beacause it takes too much energy to "make water". ~random post in a sleep forum

I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake. ~Author Unknown


A flock of sheep that leisurely pass by
One after one; the sound of rain, and bees
Murmuring; the fall of rivers, winds and seas,
Smooth fields, white sheets of water, and pure sky;

I've thought of all by turns, and still I lie
Sleepless; and soon the small birds' melodies
Must hear, first uttered from my orchard trees,
And the first cuckoo's melancholy cry.

Even thus last night, and two nights more I lay,
And could not win thee, Sleep! by any stealth:
So do not let me wear tonight away:

Without Thee what is all the morning's wealth?
Come, blessed barrier between day and day,
Dear mother of fresh thoughts and joyous health! ~ William Wordsworth, To Sleep


I reached for sleep and drew it round me like a blanket muffling pain and thought together in the merciful dark --Mary Stewart English novelist, The Hollow Hills, 1973